Distance Range Radius: KM
Know the Farm Near You
When using the Farm Map there are a couple of things to keep in mind. All farms and farmers are different. However, one thing they all have in common is how hard they work - 24/7. As such, each farmer will have different operating times, selling methods, and specific on-site rules. It is always best to research your farm before heading out to visit them. You can do this by visiting their website, e-mailing or calling.
Always be sure of your directions. Google is great, but it is not perfect. Some Ontario farms may not have accurate listings on Google Maps. Remember, this is Ontario. The route to the fresh farm near you may not always be clear - especially in winter!
If you are looking for more tips, be sure to check out our Fresh As Farmed News.
When You Visit
A few tips when visiting a fresh farm near you:
- Remember, you're a guest. Always follow posted rules and obey any signs displayed on the farm. They are there for your safety.
- We all love our pets. However, the farm may not be the best place for them. Most farms have their own animals you can love. Ask before you touch!
- If you are allowed to touch their animals, please keep in mind that they are not domesticated and will act as such. Always wash your hands after touching any animals
- Farms are very exciting places for children. If you bring your young ones, please keep a close eye on them. Heavy machinery, farming equipment and even animals can be dangerous for your children.
- When visiting, you should always bring your camera, comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for the weather conditions. Sunscreen, hand sanitizer, and bug repellent too!
- If you are buying perishable items such as meat or poultry, its a good idea to bring a cooler and ice.